Server / Database DevOps Admin – InFlux, MySQL, PHP
Younergy’s mission is to make clean energy simple and affordable. Today we operate 15MW of solar installations across Europe and we are growing rapidly. You will join a friendly, distributed, diverse team, focused on solving one of the world’s biggest challenges, tackling interesting complex problems and making a real impact every day.
Our web platform is actively used to sell, configure, install, monitor and report on over 1000+ systems across Europe. Our cloud infrastructure is used to capture data feeds from over 1000 sites, via a variety of cloud APIs, FTP, and our own proprietary gateway (Https Push, Modbus requests), and processing / presenting this data via a PHP/Laravel platform.
Your key responsibility will be to ensure the robustness, accuracy, stability and security of this infrastructure, supporting its growth and evolution. This will require proactive maintenance, and reactive fixing of issues, including some out of hours support.
Over the longer term, you will be able to shape and implement the selection of infrastructure tools, including expanded use of managed cloud services (AWS etc). There is also scope to work on PHP / DB coding aspects as time/interest/skills permits.
Location: Remote or company offices – Lisbon (Portugal) / Lausanne (Switzerland)
Hours: Flexible round core European hours, some out of hours for critical support
Working language: Proficient spoken/written English required
Key technical skills:
- Solid experience with managing Docker / Debian based server environments, ideally for low latency fault-tolerant systems
- DB admin experience with InFlux and ideally MySQL DBs
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting load-balanced shared server environments
- Solid in-depth server admin skills – Linux tools, scripting, git etc
- Network: configuration and troubleshooting of internal/external IP networks – DNS, tunnelling (IPSEC), firewall (iptables) etc.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with managed cloud services (AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with structured DevOps processes, CI/CD toolchains, monitoring solutions
- PHP7+, Laravel 5+ knowledge, or interest in learning
- Pro-active: fixes minor issues autonomously, validates solutions to larger ones
- Tenacity: able to investigate and resolve issues, follow the evidence to locate root causes
- Structured: finds long term solutions not just short term sticking plaster
- Works productively with a distributed team – developers, designers, product and sales to ensure high quality, robust, extensible code
We are looking for someone to make a long term commitment to the company, team and product, getting to know the industry and our customer needs, and be rewarded accordingly. A background, interest or passion for building high scale, robust mission-critical cloud systems would be highly valued.
Aside from helping to solve one of the world’s most pressing challenges, you will get:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Learn and shape a complex, real-world product that is actively used and growing
- A friendly international team spanning technicians, engineers, sales, design
Want to learn more?
Please send link or attach a CV (Word, PDF, web) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and give us a brief introduction to yourself, explaining why you’d like to work at Younergy. Please include links to repos, services or platforms you have been involved in where possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!