Backend PHP / Laravel Developer
Younergy’s mission is to make clean energy simple and affordable. Today we operate 15MW of solar installations across Europe and we are growing rapidly. You will join a friendly, distributed, diverse team, focused on solving one of the world’s biggest challenges, tackling interesting complex problems and making a real impact every day.
Our web platform is actively used to sell, configure, install, monitor and report on over 1000+ systems across Europe. Your main technical responsibility will be working on the backend system built in PHP/ Laravel/Python/MariaDB/InFlux, with scope to be involved in Python and React frontend aspects as well.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing new backend features, components, APIs and database structures, extend, enhance and fix existing ones
- Ensure the architecture, codebase, and APIs are robust, extensible and performant
- Propose and implement new components and technologies – including those needed for large scale data processing (current DB holds 500m+ data points)
Location: Remote or company offices – Lisbon (Portugal) or Lausanne (Switzerland)
Hours: Flexible round core European hours
Working language: Proficient spoken/written English required
Key technical skills:
- 3+ years coding features on web-based applications with PHP 7+ and Laravel 5+
- Strong data modeling/database skills: SQL, schema and migration definition (MySQL/MariaDB)
- REST APIs, sockets, JSON,
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Python 3, InFluxDB
- Experience with TDD / testing frameworks, applying to new and existing code
- Exposure to building realtime/low latency fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with back-end to supply real time interactive data for visualizations (socket handling, caching, filtering, etc)
- Portuguese, Spanish, French or German are all a bonus
- Motivated and dedicated, with high attention to detail and quality
- Works effectively with minimal oversight (handholding), in a distributed team, but able to interact effectively with other developers, designers, product and sales
- Pro-active: fixes minor issues autonomously, proposes solutions to larger ones
We are looking for someone to make a long term commitment to the company, team and product, getting to know the industry and our customer needs, and be rewarded accordingly. A background or strong interest in renewable energy / PV / electrical systems would be a major advantage.
Aside from helping to solve one of the world’s most pressing challenges, you will get:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Learn and shape a complex, real-world product that is actively used and growing
- A friendly international team spanning technicians, engineers, sales, design
Want to learn more?
Please send link or attach a CV (Word, PDF, web) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and give us a brief introduction to yourself, explaining why you’d like to work at Younergy. Please include links to repos, services or platforms you have been involved in where possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!